5 Reasons to be in Crested Butte in June
If you know Crested Butte, CO, you know that summer is the best time to be here. While the summer months of July and August are amazing, June is definitely my favorite month. Why? Read below to find out!
- Warm Days and Cool Nights – According to USClimateData.com, the average Crested Butte high temperature in June is 69 degrees. While July and August have wonderful temperatures as well, 69 degrees is perfect if you ask me… and of course, this beats the 90+ degree heat in other parts of the country.
- Spectacular Scenery – Even in years with a low snowpack the mountains will be topped with white. Pair this with the green valleys and bright blue skies, and behold the beautiful and picturesque views.
- The Beginning of Mountain Bike Season – Crested Butte is world famous for its mountain biking. While some years have enough snowmelt to begin biking in May, the trails really dry out in June. An added bonus is that the trails haven’t dried out too much, and there isn’t “dust” you have to ride on.
- River Sports – River rafting, kayaking, and paddleboarding are exhilarating given that the snow is still melting in June. High CFS levels make for a fast-paced ride down the rivers and streams. Be sure to try it out!
- Uncrowded – This is the biggest reason June is my favorite month in Crested Butte. It’s possible to bike a trail and not see a soul. The restaurants are easy to get into, and Elk Avenue has an even more laid-back feel than usual.
As you can see, June is a wonderful time to be in Crested Butte. While climate, scenery, mountain biking, river sports, and uncrowded streets and trails are good reasons to be here, there are bound to be plenty more depending on your interests. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have about the Crested Butte area. I hope to see you in June!